Python compile() Function
The python compile() function takes source code as input and returns a code object which can later be executed by exec() function.
compile(source, filename, mode, flag, dont_inherit, optimize)
- source – normal string, a byte string, or an AST (Abstract Syntax Trees) object.
- filename – File from which the code is read.
- mode – mode can be either exec or eval or single.
- eval – if the source is a single expression.
- exec – if the source is block of statements.
- single – if the source is single statement.
- flags and dont_inherit – Default Value= 0. Both are optional parameters. It monitors that which future statements affect the compilation of the source.
- optimize (optional) – Default value -1. It defines the optimization level of the compiler.
It returns a Python code object.
Let’s see some examples of compile() function which are given below:
Python compile() Function Example 1
This example shows to compile a string source to the code object.
- # compile string source to code
code_str = ‘x=5\ny=10\nprint(“sum =”,x+y)’
code = compile(code_str, ‘sum.py’, ‘exec’)
- <class ‘code’>
sum = 15
Python compile() Function Example 2
This example shows to read a code from the file and compile.
Let’s say we have mycode.py file with following content.
- x = 10
y = 20
print(‘Multiplication = ‘, x * y)
We can read this file content as a string ,compile it to code object and execute it.
- # reading code from a file
f = open(‘my_code.py’, ‘r’)
code_str = f.read()
code = compile(code_str, ‘my_code.py’, ‘exec’)
- Multiplication =200
Recently Trained Students
My instructor had sound Knowledge and used to puts a lot of effort that made the course as simple and easy as possible. I was aiming for with the help of the ZebLearn Online training imparted to me by this organization.
I got my training from Zeblearn in the Python Certification Training, I would like to say that say he is one of the best trainers. He has not even trained me but also motivated me to explore more and the way he executed the project, in the end, was mind-blowing.
Candidate’s Journey During Our Training Program
Expert’s Advice & Selection of Module
Choosing the right type of module for the training is half the battle & Our Team of experts will help & guide you.
Get Trained & Learn End to End Implementation from our Expert Trainer who are working on the same domain.
Work on Projects
We Do make our student’s work on multiple case studies , scenario based tasks & projects in order to provide real-time exposure to them.
We have a dedicated placement cell in order to provide placement assistance & relevant interviews to our candididates till selection