The Developing Solutions Using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (DEVIOT) v1.0 course prepares you to develop Internet of Things (IoT) applications for Cisco® IoT edge compute and network architecture. Through a combination of lessons and hands-on experience, you will learn to implement and deploy Cisco IOx applications using Cisco Field Network Director and Cisco Kinetic. This course covers designing, deploying, and troubleshooting edge applications, and understanding the use of management tools, so you can control your industrial network and connected devices at scale. This course will prepare you for the 300-915 Developing Solutions Using Cisco IoT and Edge Platforms (DEVIOT) exam.
This course will help you:
- Use network programmability and automation to streamline applications to reduce data size and complexity and strengthen security protocols.
- Gain hands-on experience in maximizing MQ Telemetry Transport (MQTT) protocol for lower power usage, faster data transmission, and more agility in device usage.
- Earn 40 CE credits toward recertification.
- Prepare for the 300-915 DEVIOT exam and join the DevNet Class of 2020.
- Consulting systems engineer
- IoT Designer
- Network administrator
- Network engineer
- Network manager
- Sales engineer
- Systems engineer
- Technical solutions architect
- Explain the fundamentals of Cisco IoT and list common devices involved
- List the common protocols, standards, and data flows of IoT
- Explain the Cisco IoT, common needs, and the corresponding solutions
- Explain how programmability can be used to automate and make operations, deployment, and support of Cisco IoT more effective
- Describe common Cisco IoT applications and how they apply to Cisco IoT use cases
- Explain the functions and use cases for Cisco security applications and Cisco IoT
- General software development or coding skills
- Basic functional and object-oriented programming skills
- Basic understanding of where applications live and how they are deployed in real-world scenarios
- Basic understand of how networking works
- Basic Linux OS skills: installing code language dependencies, installing code libraries, and general scripting
- Understanding of how to store code using git or another Version-Control System (VCS)
- Defining Cisco IoT
- IoT Networking and Other Devices
- Examining IoT Protocols
- Examining IoT Standards
- Recognizing Cisco IoT Needs and Solutions
- Using Programmability with Cisco IoT
- Describing Cisco IoT Applications: Cisco IOx
- Describing Cisco IoT Applications: Cisco Kinetic and Cisco Field Network Director
- Defining Cisco Security Applications
- Use an MQTT Consumer to Subscribe to Sensor Data
- Use Cisco IOx Applications to Receive and Process Sensor Data
- Troubleshoot a Sensor Connection
- Use and Interpret Freeboard Data
- Use and Interpret Grafana Data
- Use and Interpret Kibana Data
- Cisco IOx Familiarity Lab
- Develop and Deploy a Cisco IOx Application
- Troubleshoot Cisco IOx
- Navigate Cisco Field Network Director
- Explore Cisco Field Network Director API
Online Live One to One Training
- DEVASC – Developing Applications and Automating Workflows using Cisco Platforms
- DEVCOR – Developing Applications Using Cisco Platforms and APIs
Recently Trained Students
My instructor had sound Knowledge and used to puts a lot of effort that made the course as simple and easy as possible. I was aiming for with the help of the ZebLearn Online training imparted to me by this organization.
I got my training from Gaurav sir in the Microsoft Azure Certification Training, I would like to say that say he is one of the best trainers. He has not even trained me but also motivated me to explore more and the way he executed the project, in the end, was mind-blowing.